Saturday, January 3, 2015

What Motivates You?


I can honestly speak from my own experience when it comes to motivation so I'll tell you what motivates me! Then I would love for you to share what motivates you!

One thing that always motivates me is new work out clothes! I love them! And I might be becoming a little obsessed with looking at them. I don't consider myself a fashionista but I do like to look cute. Now when I run at 5:45 in the morning I don't necessarily care if I match. At all. Ask my BFF! I basically want to be warm, or cool depending on the temp. I also absolutely dress in layers because I hate to get overheated. I don't like hats but I like ear covers. That usually comes off by the end anyway. So if you see me at 6 am running down the popular road where runners in Pensacola frequent I might look crazy running in a tank top in 40 degrees. But I didn't start out that way. 

I also like music to work out to! Especially running. What are your favorite running songs? I go back and forth between upbeat worship, Royals, Black-eyed peas. But I realized on my last run that I need some new tunes so suggestions are welcome!

Stepping on the scale motivates me! But don't do this too often because it could easily "de-motivate" you! I was weighing myself daily and have recently jumped off that wagon. For real Judy. I really did! I'm using measurements and trying to stick with measuring arms, tummy, legs, hips and chest each Saturday! I do feel like stepping on the scale weekly is good. Just not daily.

Shopping for clothes. This can make me want to never eat again, or it can make me happy. Depends on the store, the clothing, whether or not I wore spanx that day, etc. I have learned what stores make me feel thin and that's where I shop. And I repeat, if you aren't already a size 0 do not, I repeat DO NOT shop in a "juniors" store. And make sure your significant others know this as well. Juniors sizes do not equal ladies sizes! 

I also like to read other blogs, look at pinterest and visit a fun class I find in the local area. I once went to an aerial class at Pure Pilates and loved it! Now that they are in Pensacola I plan on doing another! So google a new and exciting fitness class in your area and give it a shot. Take a friend and wear a new outfit! You will feel like a million bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment